Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Mary, Did You Know?

This has long been one of my favorite songs, although not just at Christmastime but all year long. Years ago, when I was pregnant with my first son, Mary became a very real person in my heart and mind. Before that, she'd simply been a character in a story. A beautiful story, to be sure, and one that I believe with all my heart. But Mary, the mother of Jesus, was difficult for me to relate to. She seemed so perfect, so old even. But she wasn't either of those. Yes, God found favor with her, which tells me she loved Him with all her heart and soul, but she wasn't perfect. She needed a Savior, just like the rest of mankind. She was also a very young woman -- perhaps only fourteen or fifteen years old.
 
That year as I felt my baby moving within my womb, I couldn't help but wonder what Mary's emotions and thoughts were when she felt Jesus -- God! -- moving within her womb. When she kissed his sweet, downey cheeks after he was born. When she watched him grow into a boy and then a man. All things I've expereinced as a mother, Mary experienced them too.
 
I wrote about this in my story called "Mary and Me." It's published in several Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas books, including their 2012 offering. If you're interested, you can click on the links on the left side of the blog and order online.
 
In the meantime, enjoy this song. And may your heart be filled with the Wonder of Christ come to earth as a tiny Baby, all because of His great love for us!
 
 
 
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's Prayer Shout Out countries are:
USA, Russia, Austria, China, Germany, France, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, Ukraine

No comments: