Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Place Called Home

A few weeks ago we moved again. Hopefully this will be the last time for a while. We are officially living on the ranch, and we're lovin' it! It's a sweet little place in the hill country of Texas, with wildlife of all manner roaming nearby. We have deer -- even a few babies! --and wild turkey, Jack rabbits galore, a few bunnies, a little fox, and a Roadrunner or two. Last week a couple ducks and even a goose checked out the pond. We've been told there are wild hogs on the property, but we've yet to see them, which is fine with me. The owners plan to eventually get some Longhorn cattle, Brazilian sheep, and other "ornamental" ranch critters. I'd love some horses! Maybe even a stubborn donkey or two.

Here's our hideaway in the hills (minus landscaping that is in the works).


This is the cute little wet-weather pond just outside our front window. I can see it every morning when I wake up....mostly 'cuz we don't have curtains yet. Isn't it nice? I'm hoping it won't dry up this summer.There may/may not be plans in the future to turn it into a real pond. We'll have to see what the owners decide.


We feel incredibly blessed. God answered so many prayers when He opened the door for us to become Caretakers at this ranch. I'd dreamed of living in the country, having a windmill, driving a Jeep, working with my hubby, and on and on. Of course, like with any job, there are a few negatives, but the positives far outweigh anything worthy of complaining about. We're here for a God-ordained purpose, and that's good enough for me!


Yet despite how great all this is, I've been feeling kinda homesick lately. Maybe it's because of Mom's recent passing, plus the fact that my childhood home is for sale. I miss our home in Georgetown, and I'll especially miss my parents home in Santa Fe, NM once it's sold, but I don't think they are what has me feeling kinda lonely and blue. I think ultimately I just have a real longing for my heavenly Home.



But until that wondrous day, I know where "home" is. It's not in the cute house in the hill country. It's not the comfy house in Georgetown. It's not even the beautiful adobe house my Daddy built.

Home is found right here, with these guys.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's Prayer Shout-Out countries are:
USA, Ukraine, Canada, France, India, Kuwait, Russia, Germany, United Kingdom, Philippines, Indonesia, Iraq, Ecuador, Japan, Malawi, Venezuela

No comments: