Sunday, July 5, 2020

Calling All Subscribers



As I'm gearing up for the September 8th release of my novel, Under the Tulip Tree--a book that deals with racial issues in 1936 & 1860s Nashville--I'm very aware of the atmosphere and division between the races. It's heartbreaking. As a woman who comes from a family of mixed heritage--my father's family is Hispanic and my mother's roots go back to Germany--I love diversity. Wouldn't it be a terribly boring world if we all looked the same?

Yet because of the tension we're currently experiencing, I feel strongly that prayer is desperately needed. For our country and our people, but also for Under the Tulip Tree. This is not a plea to pray for increased sales or anything of that nature. It's a prayer request from my heart, because I know the enemy would love nothing more than to distort and destroy the message of the book, which is forgiveness, reconciliation, and togetherness.

When I began writing Under the Tulip Tree in 2018, I had no way to know the cultural climate the book would be releasing into in 2020, but GOD did!! A friend reminded me of that wonderful quote from Esther 4:14: "for such a time as this." My hope and prayer is that my book will join the conversations happening all over the world. That it will be one pebble on the wide road to Togetherness and Unity.

That's where YOU come in, faithful subscribers to my blog! I'll be posting a bit more in the coming months, and I'd love it if you'd simply say a prayer for me, the book, and the issues each time my blog lands in your email inbox. If you'd like to join my Prayer Team for the book, here's a link to it's Facebook page.

As a way of saying THANK YOU for your prayers and support, I'll also be doing SPECIAL GIVEAWAYS exclusively for Subscribers to this blog!! I appreciate each of you more than you will ever know.

If you haven't subscribed to my blog yet, there's plenty of time!! Just type in your email address in the box to the right. Done!

Every blessing,
~Michelle


5 comments:

Paula Shreckhise said...

Praying that people will be toughed through your book! Blessings!

Michelle Shocklee said...

Thank for your prayers, Paula! Blessing to you and yours!

Brenda said...

Praying that this book will go to who it’s supposed to and bless each one.

Michelle Shocklee said...

Thank you for your prayers, Brenda! I so appreciate it.
Blessings,
Michelle

Tina Skinner said...

I love the characters!