Saturday, January 1, 2022

A New Year, a New Book, and a New(ish) Job

Happy 2022, everyone!


My prayer for each of you is that this new year will be full of God's blessings, grace, and peace. And honestly, I'm praying the same thing for myself and my family. 

Our year ended on a sad note. Our sweet employer whom we've worked for since October 2017 passed away. She'd been declining the past month so it didn't come as a shock, but we will deeply miss her. Gratefully, her son has decided to keep her farm and asked us to continue working for him. We're excited to move back to Franklin in a few weeks to the cute little house we lived in when we first moved to Tennessee. I'll miss the 100-year old farm house we've lived in on her brother's property since June 2019 and my nearly perfect office, but there are lots of positives to moving too. 


Once the dust settles from all the above, I'll start gearing up for the 
March 8th release of my newest novel, 
COUNT THE NIGHTS BY STARS! 
Only 67 days until this dual-time novel set in Nashville goes out into the world, and I can hardly wait to share it with you! 
Here's the back-of-the-book blurb:

Count your nights by stars, not shadows. 
Count your life with smiles, not tears.

1961
. After a longtime resident at Nashville’s historic Maxwell House Hotel suffers a debilitating stroke, Audrey Whitfield is tasked with cleaning out the reclusive woman’s room. There, she discovers an elaborate scrapbook filled with memorabilia from the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. Love notes on the backs of unmailed postcards inside capture Audrey’s imagination with hints of a forbidden romance . . . and troubling revelations about the disappearance of young women at the exposition. Audrey enlists the help of a handsome hotel guest as she tracks down clues and information about the mysterious “Peaches” and her regrets over one fateful day, nearly sixty-five years earlier.

1897. Outspoken and forward-thinking Priscilla Nichols isn’t willing to settle for just any man. She’s still holding out hope for love when she meets Luca Moretti on the eve of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. Charmed by the Italian immigrant’s boldness, Priscilla spends time exploring the wonderous sights of the expo with Luca―until a darkness overshadows the monthslong event. Haunted by a terrible truth, Priscilla and Luca are sent down separate paths as the night’s stars fade into dawn.

Here's a link for more information and to PREODER the book: 



Peace is the word I've chosen for 2022. My hope is to do a deep dive into scripture throughout the year and discover what true peace looks like and feels like. So I'll leave you with Jesus's own words about Peace and wish you and yours a very Happy and Peace-filled New Year!

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." 
John 14:27

Every blessing,

~Michelle

No comments: