Sunday, October 26, 2008

Worthy is the Lamb...

I had a kind of 'revelation' this morning. I'm reading in the Book of Luke these days. I read chapter seven today, where the 'sinful' woman comes and anoints Jesus' feet with her tears and perfume while he's dining with a Pharisee(v.37,38-50). The man criticizes Jesus (in his thoughts) for allowing such a woman to even touch him. Jesus' reply is to remind this man that he didn't do any of these things for Jesus himself. He tells the parable of two men who owe someone some money. One owes a large amount, the other owes a smaller amount. Both debts are forgiven. Which of the men loves the one who forgave them more?

My revelation came a little while after I'd finished reading. A worship song came to mind and I started singing it. I also started crying. I suddenly understood the woman's tears in a way I never had before. Her love for Jesus overwhelmed her. Her sin did too. When she cried, it was tears of repentance; tears of love; tears of thankfulness. They fell on her Savior's feet and she wiped them with her hair. I imagined at that moment that my tears were falling on Jesus' feet as He sits on His throne. The Bible says there will be no more crying when we get to heaven, so I feel like my tears here on earth can wash and anoint my Savior's feet until I get there.

The song I was singing always brings tears to my eyes. We sing it in church and we sang it at the ACFW conference during our worship sessions. It never fails to move me.

Worthy is the
Lamb who was slain
Holy, holy is his name.
Worthy is the
Lamb who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat.
Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty
who was and is and is to come.
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore you.
Holy, holy is his Name.


Jesus IS worthy of our tears. He is worthy of our love. He is worthy!

No comments: