Saturday, November 1, 2008

Do not worry...

That's what Jesus says in Luke 12. I've read this chapter many times over the years. Sometimes I seek it out when a specific event is coming up and I feel afraid or worried. It just happened that this chapter was my scripture reading for today, which is very appropriate considering my husband's precarious job situation. This passage really struck me today:

v. 6-7 says, "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

JESUS said those words! I mean, think about it! GOD created everything, including me and you. GOD knows everything there is to know about His creations. IMMANUEL said "Don't be afraid!" JESUS is GOD. Therefore, GOD is telling us that He even cares about a bird in the sky. GOD said He'd numbered every hair--even the gray ones!-- on our heads! That tells us that GOD cares about every detail of our lives, down to the tiniest, most insignifant fact about ourselves.

AMAZING!! Don't you think??

What this tells me is, I don't need to be worried about Brian's job. I don't need to be worried about how our bills will be paid. I don't need to worry about our son going to college next year (hopefully). I don't need to worry. Period.

I do need to TRUST!! And that is my daily prayer. That I will trust him more.

No comments: