Saturday, January 17, 2009

ACFW....

I thought I'd do a little PR for ACFW--American Christian Fiction Writers--here on my blog.

I joined ACFW in 2003. It was actually ACRW at the time, which stood for American Christian Romance Writers. That "R" is the reason I hesitated joining until then. I am not a romance writer. While my books all have a romantic thread woven throughout the story, they would not be considered romance novels.

But I kept hearing about ACRW and how great their conferences were becoming. I joined and have been a member ever since.

What do you get when you join ACFW?

1. You will belong to the largest Christian writers group focused on Fiction.
2. You can join the on-line e-mail loops where a plethora of topics are discussed.
3. You will have access to the ACFW on-line Forum where a plethora of topics are discussed.
4. You can ask questions and get knowledgeable answers from fellow authors, multi-published authors, agents, and editors.
5. ACFW's annual conference is the premier Christian conference for fiction writers. The workshops and on-going classes are taught by some of the biggest names in Christian fiction. You can also meet with agents and editors.
6. You can join your local ACFW group. Most meet monthly with special speakers and workshops.
7. You'll make friends who think like you think and don't look at you weird when you talk gleefully about killing off a character.

Those are just a few of the benefits you'll receive when you join ACFW. For more information, visit their web site here.

You'll be glad you did!

No comments: