Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I Love K-LOVE!

Do you listen to Christian music? I do. Every radio in my house and in my car is tuned to our local KLOVE station. When I worked at the real estate company, I listened on-line.

I thought I'd blog about KLOVE today.

What is KLOVE?

KLOVE is a national Christian radio station. I don't know if they're in all 50 states, but I'd imagine they're pretty close to it. You can check their web site here to see if they are in your area. People in other countries can also listen to KLOVE on-line.

Why listen to KLOVE?

I can't begin to explain how edifying and uplifting the music and the radio personalities are to me! So many, many times I've been down in spirit or simply just feeling "blah" and I'll turn on the radio and almost immediately find comfort and hope. Several years ago, when I was going through a very difficult personal attack, Jon & Sherry Rivers, the KLOVE Morning personalities, played a Newsboy's song every morning that fired me up and helped me eventually win the battle.

Why do they ask for donations?

KLOVE is a listener-supported radio station. They don't have advertisers like other stations for several reasons. My understanding is there are certain rules that come with public radio and KLOVE would not be able to control what type of advertisements were played on their stations. There could even be ads for strip clubs, like there are on many stations in our area. I for one am grateful for KLOVE and I support them financially so they can remain on the air and ad-free.

When we aren't home, I keep a radio on tuned to KLOVE. I like to think that angels will hear the music and watch over our home while we're gone. I could not imagine a world without Christian music, and KLOVE is dedicated to bringing it to a dark and needy world 24/7/365.

Thank you, KLOVE! May God continue to bless your ministry!

No comments: