Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Me and the yard...

Ugh.

Ouch!

Groan!

Those are the sounds coming from me today. I've been working in the yard! Have to admit it's been a gorgeous day here in Central Texas. If you know me at all, you know I'm a lover of Winter and Fall. But today was a truly spectacular Spring day! Hubby is off on his annual fishing trip--left Tuesday & won't be back until tomorrow--so I thought I'd get outside and do some yard work. It needed it after many months of winter (not cold winter, but just winter). We also had a pretty good wind storm the other day, so leaves and even packing popcorn were all over my yard. In the end, I raked and filled 5 large leaf bags. Then I mowed the front yard (15 yr. old son mowed the back). I also trimmed our crepe myrtles and some new shoots growing at the base of our big trees in the front yard. I swept the sidewalk and porch, and cleaned off the front door that had winter grime on it. I must say I'm pleased with my accomplishment, but oh, the aches and pains! Tylenol PM will be my friend tonight!!

I'm kinda like the yard, ya know? I'm growing as a person and as a Christian all the time. Just like yard work, Michelle-work is never done. Thankfully the Gardner is patient and is in this for the long haul!

Have a blessed Palm Sunday tomorrow. Remember that "even the rocks" would cry out in praise of Jesus if we don't!

No comments: