Saturday, May 23, 2009

Revelation Part 2: Got ears??


In my Bible, pages 1916 and 1917 are some of the most marked up pages in the whole book. That would be Revelation chapters 3 and some of 4. I've got notes written here and there, words underlined, phrases highlighted.

One of the things that truly captures my attention while reading the letters to the churches is the way each one ends.

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Jesus is talking to you and me here, folks! We have ears! So it makes sense to me to listen to what Jesus is telling the churches, because he wants us to learn from them.

Just a few of the lessons Jesus wants us to learn are:

* Don't forsake him! Rev. 2:4
* Don't follow people who aren't teaching the truth! Rev. 2:14 and 2:20
* Keep his commands! Rev. 3:10
* Don't be lukewarm in our faith!! Rev. 3:15
* Answer the door (to your heart) when he knocks! Rev. 3:20

He who has ears....LISTEN!! Check out these verses and truly tune in to what Jesus is trying to get through to you!

Tomorrow I'll talk a little more about "lukewarm" faith. I've learned some things over the years that still speak to me on this subject.

For now, I'm off to do serious yard and house work! Tomorrow evening we're having our oldest son's graduation party!! Woohoo!

No comments: