Saturday, September 26, 2009

Numbers and Blessings

I love it when God gives me little nuggets to enjoy!

In my last post I said I wanted to spend some time on the subject of prayer, but I would also continue my study in the Book of Numbers.

Well, the two came together in perfect harmony this morning during my quiet time.

"The Lord said to Moses, "Tell Aaron and his sons, "This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them, "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them." Numbers 6:22-27

Every day I pray blessings over my loved ones. I don't word it exactly as the above, but I'm thinking I might from now on. Aren't those beautiful words?

"...the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious toward you."

How many of us need God's Holy Light that radiates from his face to flood over us and shine down on us? How many of us need God's grace every single day just to make it? I know I sure do!!

"...the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

I don't know about you, but I do not want God to ever turn his face away from me!! His peace is the only thing that gives me hope in a world where peace is hard to find.

Do you need a blessing today? It would be my honor to pray it over you!

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace!!

No comments: