Sunday, October 11, 2009

MOVE ON!!

I absolutely LOVE IT when God speaks loud and clear through His word!!

Lately I've been struggling with what I believe is the call God has given me to write for Him. Actually, I'm not doubting the call or Him. I'm doubting myself and my ability to accomplish the task. Yes, I love writing. Yes, folks tell me I have a talent for it. And yes, I've had some things published.

But daily...hourly...I wrestle with the doubts.

"What do I know about writing?!"

"My writing stinks!"

"No one will ever buy this stuff!"

On and on they go.

Today, however, God reminded me through His word--delivered by our amazingly gifted pastor, Pastor Joe Champion of Celebration Church--that my dreams of writing have been put in me by God, for God, and will be completed with God!

My job in the whole process is to keep going forward! In Exodus 14, the Israelites are trapped, or so they think, between the Dead Sea and Pharaoh's army. But look what verse 15 says:

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on."

The Living Bible translates this verse, "Quit praying and get the people moving!"

MOVE ON!!

GO FORWARD!!

Stop whining and doubting and move on! Move on to your dreams! Move on to all that God has planned for you!

Ephesians 2:10 is a verse I've claimed many times over the years and continue to claim, especially as I move on in the crazy world of writing-for-publication:

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

God already knows the work He created for me to accomplish during my time on earth. All I have to do is listen to Him, follow His lead, and know that He is in control.

Whew!

What's holding you back from your dreams?

MOVE ON!!

No comments: