Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nothing Less Than ALL!

Gosh! I've gotta dust off the cobwebs from this blog! I guess I've been busy since I haven't posted since last Tuesday...but for the life of me I can't recall what I've been doing! Oh well.

I have been continuing my study of the book of Deuteronomy though. Yesterday I read chapter 30...and the coolest thing popped out at me! Remember that Moses is talking to the Israelites and telling them to obey God's laws, but he's also recording his words for us to read today! Take a look at a phrase he uses THREE times in this chapter.

"...with all your heart and with all your soul..." v. 3

"...with all your heart and with all your soul..." v. 6

"...with all your heart and with all your soul..." v. 10

But this is not the first time Moses used this phrase. Back in chapter 6 verse 5 he gives us one of the most memorable commands, which Jesus himself repeated in Matthew 22:37:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Moses again used the phrase "...with all your heart and with all your soul..." in Deut. 10:12.

Hmmm. Me thinks this is a phrase that was very important, not only to Moses, but to God!

Think about it.

Should God--the Creator of Everything!--settle for anything less than ALL?

Should we give God--the Creator of Everything!--anything less than ALL?

"Love the Lord your God with ALL your heart and with ALL your soul and with ALL your strength!"

Nothing less than ALL!

May you and yours have a Blessed Thanksgiving! We truly have so much to be thankful for!