Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


My husband Brian has been my Valentine for twenty six years! We had our first date on February 4, 1984. Ten days later he gave me a giant chocolate chip cookie that said, "Be My Valentine!" I have been ever since!

Our relationship is not perfect or without faults. Every marriage I know has ups and downs, good times and bad. The phrase "for better or for worse" is in the marriage vows for a reason! But after twenty three years of marriage, I think we've finally figured a few things out. As our wonderful pastor and wife shared this morning, it takes a few things on the part of each spouse to make a marriage work.

Forgiveness.
Acceptance.
Investment.
Remembering your covenant.


I'll leave you with some advice I read a few years ago. I don't know who wrote it or even where I read it, but it impacted me so much that I have it typed out and taped to my vanity mirror as a reminder!

"A fulfilling marriage does not drop from heaven into your lap. It becomes fulfilling when it's tended like a beautiful garden. It won't be perfect, no matter what you do. We live in a difficult and fallen world, and we all have challenges. Because of that, the things that matter most require attention. Keeping your marriage strong and growing takes time and attention. It takes making marriage a priority!"

Happy Valentine's Day!

Click here to watch an inspiring message on marriage from Pastors Joe and Lori Champion of Celebration Church.

No comments: