Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"For I know the plans..."

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11

God wasn't speaking directly to us when he said these words. He was assuring the Hebrew exiles that He had plans for their future even though things looked pretty bleak. King Nebuchadnezzar had taken them captive, destroyed Jerusalem and the temple, and things just didn't look good for God's chosen people.

But since I believe the entire Bible are God's love letters to me, I do claim this verse. God knows the plans He has for me, just as He knew the plans He had for the exiles. I've claimed this verse in good times and in bad. I've seen evidence of it throughout the years. And now, as our family goes through some changes, I claim it once again. God knows the plans He has for our family. He knows our financial needs. He knows our job needs. He knows the plans He has for my kids and their futures.

"For I know..."

I find real comfort knowing that God is in control. I don't have to struggle to figure things out. I just have to trust Him. I have to listen to Him. I have to obey Him.

God knows the plans He has for you too.

Cool, huh?

No comments: