Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Thanksgiving List

I can't do life without a list. Grocery. Chores. Reminders. Dates. Travel. If anything is going to get done, it must be on the list! But today I want to share the most important list of all: My List of Blessings. I encourage you to make a list too if you haven't already done so. You never know how truly blessed you are until you see it in black and white.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for:

  • My Savior, Jesus Christ, who gives me everything else on my list.
  • My dear parents who loved me unconditionally.
  • My Christian heritage, passed down through generations.
  • My wonderful, hardworking, funny husband who has put up with me for nearly 26 years! (Longer if you count dating & engagement!)
  • My precious sons who make me laugh and taught me more about love than anyone ever could.
  • My sister, Kim, and brothers Mark and Gregg, who fill my childhood memories.
  • My brother, Steve, and sister-in-law, Chrys, for their selfless sacrifices over the past nine years while taking care of my Dad and Mom.
  • My wonderful in-laws. Even a few outlaws.
  • My sweet nieces and nephews.
  • My friends. You know who you are. 
  • My Bible! How I cherish that book!
  • My church, our pastor and all who make Celebration Church an amazing place to worship.
  • Our home sweet home. (Dorothy was absolutely right.) And for our new temp home while we wait for our caretakers house to be built.
  • Air conditioning! Living in Texas one must always give thanks for a/c!
  • Our jobs -- previous and especially our NEW job as Estate Caretakers.
  • Our vehicles, old and tired but still running. 
  • An abundance of food.
  • Clean, clear water from every faucet in my house.
  • Living in America with all the privileges and blessings that come with it, despite my sincere aggravation with our government officials.
  • The Texas hill country. So beautiful!
  • Mountains. Snow. Autumn leaves, especially the golden aspens I miss so very much.
  • Good books, most especially those written by friends!
  • Our sweet 13-year-old Dachshund, Copper. Bad breath and all.
  • Lastly, I'm thankful for the life God has given me and the desire to share His amazing love with you!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's Prayer Shout-Out Countries are:
USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, Canada, Poland, Ukraine, China, Norway, Spain


2 comments:

Beth said...

Love your list of thankfulness. We have much to be thankful for now and all year 'round!

Michelle Shocklee said...

So true, Beth! Hope you and yours have a wonderful day tomorrow!
~Michelle