Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life when there's GOOD NEWS to share!


"Oh, what a beautiful mor-ning. Oh, what a beautiful day. I've got a beautiful fee-ling, everything's going my way."

That's a little snippet from a song from one of my all-time favorite musicals: Oklahoma! I love to watch the old movie version with Shirley Jones. My husband thinks I'm nuts 'cuz I can sing along with a lot of the songs.

But that little verse is kinda how I feel today.

First of all, my back is 100% better! Woohoo!! Praise the Lord! High fives all around!! If you've never had back issues, you can't begin to imagine how it affects EVERY part of your body! I mean, I was hurting and aching in all kinds of places that had nothing to do with the injury itself. You don't realize how hurting your back will force other parts, like hips and shoulders, to compensate for the injured part.

I guess that's why God compared the Church to the human body. We have to function like a healthy body in order to serve Him well. If one part of the Body isn't doing it's job, the others suffer. Makes me think about the times I haven't exactly been the best Body part. Makes me want to be a better Body part, too!

Second, I have officially signed with a Literary Agent. Woohoo, again. God allowed me to go to the ACFW conference for a specific reason and I believe this is it. I met Les Stobbe, a very experienced and seasoned veteran in this thing called Christian Publishing. He's a believer in new authors and has the experience I need to get my writing to the next level. I feel extremely blessed to have this man on my side.

The third and final, most important reason life is simply good is this: When you're walking hand n' hand with the Lord, life sings! Sure, yucky things happen. Even bad things. Yes, my kids still argue and fight. Yes, we still have financial difficulties. Yes, the dog still throws up on the carpet. But in the long run, life is truly good with the Lord. He has this amazing plan for our lives and all we have to do is stick with Him to see it come to be.

That's my daily goal. Stick with the Lord and see what He has in store for me today!

No comments: