Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Follow up to 'A man named John'...

I have one more thought to share about John (see Jan. 31 posting).

John didn't know I was watching him.

John never knew the impact his amazing faith had on my life. He simply lived his life in a way that anyone who knew him knew he loved the Lord with all his heart, all his soul, all his strength, all his mind.

That night at the church when he was on his face praying for his little girl, a thirteen-ish girl in the pews was not even a thought in his brain. I doubt he even knew I was in the room. His focus was on God. What was God's will? What was His plan for John's baby daughter? Would God grant a miracle? Or would He take the baby home to heaven? John was living out his faith, his trust, his hope in the Lord Jesus Christ, not at all aware of the impact it would have on a young girl who was watching.

Isn't that the way we should all live our lives???

When people are watching, we're quick to be on our best behavior--spiritually or otherwise. But what about when we don't know people are watching? Will they see the same person?

Lord, help me live my faith daily! Alone or in a crowd, may I always be the same person. Yours!

No comments: