Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Final thoughts on The Armor of God...

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

Some of my favorite movies are tales of war. Braveheart. Patriot. Pearl Harbor. There are battle scenes galore in each of these movies. Some are pretty gruesome. All have something in common that illustrates the above verse perfectly.

The winner of the battle was left standing.

People who don't believe we are in a war with evil are fooling themselves. You simply have to look around you to see it. Paul said our struggle isn't against flesh and blood and he's right. It's not. I found this out first-hand a few years ago. While the details of my attack a/k/a battle are too personal to share on a venue like this, I learned several things I am willing to share.

The story in a nutshell is this: Satan was out to destroy my family and his intent was to use another person to accomplish this.

When the attack first began, I was oblivious to it. I was caught up in my own world, my own problems, my own self. But God knew exactly what was happening and He knew I'd need a boulder to crash down on me in order to get my attention.

That boulder was a phone call. Not to me, but to my husband. From someone whom I believe Satan was using to destroy my family.

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!

I will never forget that day. I will never forget exactly where I was sitting. I will never forget exactly what time the clock said.

I will never forget.

It changed my world. It rocked my world like nothing has ever rocked my world before. But thank God, it also opened my eyes to the attack that was taking place beneath my very nose! Satan wanted my family and he was on the verge of winning.

I fully believe that we were vulnerable to this attack because we'd let our armor slip. We hadn't taken it off completely, but it wasn't firmly in place as it needs to be when one is going into battle. You can be assured I will never again let my armor slip!!

I won that battle!!! I am still standing! Woohoo!! Praise the Lord! It is truly only by the power of Jesus that I won. And it is truly only by the power of Jesus that I'll continue to win, each and every time I'm attacked. And I know there will be others. There already have been, albeit in different areas of my life and the lives of my loved ones.

"When the day of evil comes."

It will come, folks! Be armed and ready!!

No comments: