Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ is risen! He is risen, indeed!!

Those words were on my heart this morning as I awoke to a cloudy, wet Easter Sunday morning. My Lord and my Savior, Jesus Christ, who was tortured and crucified, laid in a tomb, is alive!! Death could not keep Jesus in the grave! Death had no power over him!!

The Truth of today means I don't have to be afraid of death, as I said in a post a few days ago. It means nothing, not even death, has power over Jesus, and therefore has no power over me!

Friday's events--the crucifixion--means I don't have to allow sin to ruin my life. I can come clean, so to speak. Jesus willingly took my sin on his shoulders so that I might be free indeed!

Saturday's events--the sorrow and despair of the disciples--is what we feel when we don't understand all that Jesus accomplished on the cross.

But Sunday!!

Joy comes on Sunday!! Jesus is alive! As the angel told the women in Matthew 28:6: "He is not here; he has risen, just as he said."

Believe!!

No comments: