Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not afraid of death....

You may think this strange, but death is not morbid to me. I'm not afraid of death or of dying. To me, it's just a part of life. Everyone will die. Every single person who has ever been born will die. Every plant will die. Every animal will die. Every creepy, crawly 'thing' will die.

So why be afraid of something that is part of life?

I suppose the real fear lies in the Unknown of death. What happens to us after we die? As a Bible-believer, I have the answer right in front of me. My imperfect body will die. It will cease to have blood and oxygen flowing through it. My heart will stop and my flesh will begin to rot. But that is only part of Me. My spirit will continue to live forever. Yours will too.

What happens to our spirit when our body dies?

That is the million dollar question, folks. And I'm gonna talk straight with you. There are only TWO options. You will either spend eternity in Paradise with Jesus, as he told the man on the cross next to him (Luke 23:43) or the you will spend it in the lake of fire (Rev. 20:11-15).

As a Christian, this weekend means many things, but the one that stands out to me this morning is this: JESUS DEFEATED DEATH!

Hebrews 2:14-15 says, "Since [we] the children have flesh and blood, [Jesus] too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death."

Folks, Jesus defeated death! There is nothing to fear if you know Jesus Christ as your Savior! He will save you from eternal death, which is described in Revelation 20.

Are you afraid to die? Have peace this Easter. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved!

No comments: