Saturday, May 16, 2009

For I know the plans I have...


Today is one of those 'milestone' days in the Shocklee household. Our oldest son, Taylor, is headed up to Dallas this morning for his college orientation. And I just dropped our youngest son, Austin, off at his new job!! Woohoo!

I have to admit, I feel extremely blessed today!

It's a beautiful thing for a parent to watch their children becoming the men God intended them to become.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

That is the prayer, the cry, the desire of my heart for Taylor and Austin!! God has an amazing plan for each of them. A plan that is SO much better than anything they could come up with themselves. It's even better than anything I could come up with, and believe me when I say that I have planned and plotted their futures from the day they were born! I want them to have a career in a field they enjoy. I want them to meet the girl of their dreams and have a family. I don't want anything bad to ever happen to them!!

But these verses in Jeremiah remind me that although Taylor and Austin are my children, they ultimately belong to God! HE created them for HIS purposes. HE has an amazing plan for them. HE wants them to have hope and a future. HE will listen to their prayers and be there when they call upon HIM.

I'm excited for my boys! I'm excited to watch them become the men God intended them to be.

Lord, thank you for blessing my life with Taylor and Austin. To be their mom is something I truly cherish. Guide and direct them as they grow into young men. May they always strive to honor and please you. Keep them in the center of your will. Watch over and protect them all the days of their lives. And when that awesome day comes when they find themselves standing before your throne, may they hear you say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: