Sunday, May 3, 2009

One Month to Live....


For the past few weeks, our pastor has been doing a series called "One Month to Live." It's pretty self-explanatory. If you had one month to live, would you live any differently than you are right now?

My first answer was "No, I wouldn't do anything differently."

I mean, I love my family passionately. After 22 years, I've finally learned to be the wife God wants me to be. And after 18 years, I think I've got this "mothering" thing down, too.

I'm also at a place in my life where giving of myself is more important to me than elevating my own needs and wants. My work with elderly clients is truly rewarding mainly because I know I am a blessing to them. I don't say that with any conceit. They tell me all the time how much I mean to them.

And as far as using one's talents, I'm at a place in my writing life where doors are opening and I can see God's plan in motion. I have no expectations of my own, but only want things to continue in that direction if that's the direction God wants to take me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I only have 30 days left on this earth, I'm "good to go." I'm ready to be with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, every moment of eternity. In fact, I long for that very thing!

YET....

I realized that if I truly only had 30 days left, I think I'd have a lot more boldness about sharing Jesus with folks. I have people in my life who don't know Jesus as their Lord and I'd want to make sure I did everything possible to remedy that before I left this earth. I think I'd probably have conversations with total strangers about Jesus that I wouldn't normally have the nerve to have. I think I would have a deeper sense of 'urgency' than I have now. Yes, I know life could end any moment, but the past 45 years has lulled me into thinking I've got time.

As I said in my posts a couple days ago, being a Christian is so much more than following rules or going to a building on Sunday's. It's about Jesus Christ!! It's about knowing you're ready to meet Him face-to-face. I've come to understand that, and I wouldn't want to leave this earth without sharing that wonderful truth!

What about you? If you only had 30 days left to live, would you live any differently than you are right now?

No comments: