Friday, July 31, 2009

"I will be with you." ~ God

Do you ever wonder where God is in your life? I know I have days when I do. It's usually those days when everything under the sun is going wrong.

Moses had days like that. Back in Exodus 2:11-15 we read that Moses committed murder. Others knew about it and Pharaoh tried to kill him when he found out. Moses ran away and probably would have never gone back to Egypt if God hadn't told him to. Moses didn't want to go. Do ya blame him? But God had a plan and a purpose in asking Moses to go. And He made him this promise:

"And God said [to Moses], "I will be with you." Ex. 3:12

As I read those words this morning, other familiar words came to my mind.

"And surely I will be with you always, even to the very end of the age." Jesus said this in Matthew 28:20.

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." The author of the book of Hebrews reminds us in chapter 13, verse 5 that God made a promise way back in Deuteronomy 31:6 that He would never leave us.

"Do not be afraid or terrified because of them [your enemies], for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Moses needed God with him to go back to Egypt and free the Israelites.

The disciples needed Jesus with them to go into all the nations and proclaim the Good News.

God's people needed Him with them to defeat their enemies.

You and I need Him with us today to accomplish all that He has for us to do.

And guess what?

He promised He would be with you and me! If you're having one of those days or weeks or months or years when you just don't feel like God is there, read these verses and be reminded that He is always with you! He promised He would be.

And God keeps his promises!

No comments: