Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fear Not Tomorrow...

Unbelievable! A new year is less than 48 hours away and I am not ready! Where, oh where did 2009 go, I ask?! Perhaps because it was such an eventful year for our family, it simply flew past without me realizing it. But as I look back at 2009, I see God's hand and His mercy and His favor on our family!

For starters, my hubby began the year unemployed after being with the same company for 23 years. In March he began working for FedEx. We feel extremely blessed and know that God continues to provide for our family through this new job, even if it is the most exhausting work he's ever done!

Next, our oldest son graduated from high school! Hip-hip-hooray! And not only did he graduate, he moved to Dallas and started tech school where he is doing amazingly well! Woot!

In the midst of all this, our youngest son started dating and obtained his driver's permit. OY VEY! 'Nough said. (But he truly is turning into a neat young man!)

What will 2010 hold?

Only God knows and I think that's the way it should be, don't you? If we could look into next year and know what was coming, would we be happy? Fearful? Joyous? Depressed? A couple days ago I started reading a new devotional by Ruth Graham. It's called "Fear Not Tomorrow, God is Already There." And isn't that a wonderful truth to wrap your mind around? Especially as we head into a new year?

God is already there, folks! He already knows what 2010 holds for each of us. We don't need to know, because He already does! There is no reason to fear. There is no reason to fret. God is already there! That doesn't mean that everything will be rosy and without problems. That doesn't mean nothing bad will happen in 2010.

It simply means that God is already there!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! May God pour out His richest blessings on you in the coming 365 days!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle!
God is so good!

Thank you for that post today, it was something I truly needed to just get out of where I was today!
The new year is going to be incredible, just thinking about how much God has done in my life, and where He has brought me from, it has been so great! :D

Redeeming Love is probably one of my all time favorites, it is so powerful, the truth in the story in remarkable! :)

Keep up the amazing work! God is undoubtedly going to continue to work in you and your family! I am excited to hear what that means for you guys!

In Christ,
Josh

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Great post, Michelle. An awesome truth...God is already there. I love it. Now if only I can remember that when stress and fear rear their ugly heads (which is sometimes daily. Ugh.)

Thanks for the reminder. :-)