Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Blog Post #16: PEACE! Where is it??

Peace.

What a rare commodity these days. Everywhere you look there's turmoil, strife, violence, meanness. In homes. In schools. In businesses. Everywhere.

Peace.

That word has been on my mind today. I know some people who need peace. I'm praying they'll get it. Big things will need to happen. Miracles, even.

But I firmly believe peace is possible.

When the angels announced Jesus' birth to the shepherds in Luke 2:14, they said:

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

Later, Jesus himself said: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you." John 14:27

Ohhhhhh...I get it!

Peace comes with Jesus. Jesus is peace. We don't need to look any further for it. We can't buy it. Presidents don't bring it. Not even generals.

Only Jesus.

This Christmas I hope you find peace. It won't be wrapped in pretty paper, tucked under your tree. But it is a free gift!

No comments: