Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year: With or Without God?

Happy New Year, y'all!

We welcomed the new year from the comfort and safety of our living room. Eldest son, hubby and I watched "Back to the Future III" with a brief glimpse of the ball falling at midnight on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve. How's that for an exciting night? ;) But this morning I was thankful to wake up in my own cozy bed in my own cozy house instead of a hotel or a strangers bed, as some people no doubt did. I was also glad my head wasn't throbbing from too much alcohol and partying the night before. There's much to be said for a quiet new year's eve.

Yes, I'm gettin' old, but I'm also gettin' wise.

Which brings me to the question I think each of us needs to ask ourselves on this first day of 2011:

Will the new year include God in our lives?

Will you spend the next 365 days walking with God or walking without Him?

Will you seek God's advice and guidance on the plans you have for 2011 or will you go it alone?

The older I get the more I realize how very much I need God in my life. I need His love. I need His grace. I need His peace. I need His promise of hope. I need to believe in more than what this world offers. Read the news and you'll see what I mean. If I didn't have hope of eternity with God, away from all the ugliness and terrible things the world offers, I wouldn't want to enter a new year.

If you know the Lord, I encourage you to make Him a priority this year.

If you don't know the Lord, I encourage you to seek Him. Genesis 1 is a good place to start.

No comments: