Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Trust Without Borders

Sometimes God uses simple things like the lyrics to a song to make a huge impact in my life. This song by Hillsong United titled "Oceans" has done that for me the past couple weeks. I can't stop singing the chorus: "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders...Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander..." 

Oh, that God would take me deeper still! That I would not let borders -- or fences, as my post in January declared -- keep me from all the wonderful things He has planned for me. It's a scary world out there, and sometimes I'd much rather stay in my safe, comfortable boat than walk out on the water. Yet holding onto His hand is where my life is centered. Wherever He would call me. Resting in His embrace.

So listen to this -- with headphones on and the volume cranked up!! -- and let God move in you, taking you deeper, fearless, out into the waves of life....... 




You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week's Prayer Shout-Out countries are:
USA, France, Poland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Israel, Germany, Netherlands

No comments: