Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Appalachian Song Releases TODAY!

 


HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY TO 

Appalachian Song!!


Readers,

I am thrilled to finally get to share this story with you! The characters, setting, and history have quickly become some of my favorites, and I hope they'll become yours too.

The Walker Sisters
Photo taken by Jim Shelton in 1909.
The first time I visited the Walker Sisters cabin, deep in the Great Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg, Tennessee, I knew I would write a book about them someday. I'm excited to tell you Appalachian Song is that book! While it is inspired by the real Walker Sisters' fascinating lives in the Appalachian mountains of Tennessee, the story follows the fictional Jenkins Sisters and the young girl who captures their hearts. 

Here's the back-of-the-book blurb:

Bertie Jenkins has spent forty years serving as a midwife for her community in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Out of all the mothers she’s tended, none affects her more than the young teenager who shows up on her doorstep, injured, afraid, and expecting, one warm June day in 1943. As Bertie and her four sisters tenderly nurture Songbird back to health, the bond between the childless midwife and the motherless teen grows strong. But soon Songbird is forced to make a heartbreaking decision that will tear this little family apart.

Thirty years later, the day after his father’s funeral, Walker Wylie is stunned to learn he was adopted as an infant. The famous country singer enlists the help of adoption advocate Reese Chandler in the hopes of learning why he was abandoned by his birth parents. With the only clue he has in hand, Walker and Reese head deep into the Appalachian Mountains to track down Bertie Jenkins, the midwife who holds the secrets to Walker’s past.

Appalachian Song is available in hard cover, soft cover, eBook, 
and Audiobook. To snag your copy, go HERE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!

My little red VW Bug
on the Walker Sisters' cabin
porch. One of the characters 
in Appalachian Song drives
a car just like this!



I'm giving away a FREE signed copy of Appalachian Song (or choice of one of my other books) to subscribers of my newsletter. I'd love to include your name in the drawing! If you aren't already a subscriber, just go to the top right corner of this page and fill in your email address and WA-LA! You're entered in the contest. I'll draw a winner on October 31. 

PS. If you aren't sure if you're a subscriber or not, check your email inbox. I sent out a newsletter today! 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JOIN ME ON FACEBOOK 
FOR THE LAUNCH PARTY! 

I will celebrate the release of Appalachian Song with a Facebook Launch Party on Saturday, October 14, 2023 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CST! Lots of fun and prizes, including books, Amazon gift cards, and 
bookish goodies. 

Just go to my Facebook Author Michelle Shocklee page and click the "Like" button so you'll be sure to get my updates in your Facebook feed. I will post reminders, but mark your calendars! You don't want to miss the party!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me at the Walker Sisters cabin site.
This is the springhouse John Walker built
in the 1870s. Bertie and her sisters
have one just like it that their 
Papa built!



THANK YOU, everyone, for celebrating with me! If you enjoy reading Appalachian Song, I would love it if you'd leave a review on Goodreads, Amazon, Bookbub, or on social media.

Book club folks, I would love to join you via Zoom or in person if you're local! Shoot me an email for details. 

Many blessings to you all,

~Michelle


No comments: