Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wish I were on a cruise...

I'm tired. Tired, tired, tired. Not physically tired. I'm tired of life, I think! Seems like every day there are new challenges, bad news, junk to deal with.

Life.

You know what would help? A good cruise!! Hubby and I went on a cruise two years ago to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It was the most fabulous, relaxing, truly wonderful vacation we've ever had! (Not including our honeymoon to Hawaii, of course, but that's a whole 'nother story! Wink, wink.)

Here we are two years ago in Cozumel, Mexico. Don't we look relaxed and happy?

But since a cruise is no where in our immediate future, what's a gal to do with all of life's troubles?

Jesus gives us a clue in John 16:33: "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I find comfort in knowing Jesus is fully aware of everything we're going through. He lived this life. He walked this earth. He saw sickness and death and divorce and abuse. He saw corruption in government and high taxes and jobless people.

"Take heart!" he said, despite all that's going on in our world. "I have overcome the world!"

Jesus has overcome it all! He's overcome sin and all the destruction it brings! He's overcome government corruption! He's overcome divorce! He's overcome child abuse! He's overcome poverty! He's overcome crime! He's overcome sickness! He's overcome death!

He has overcome the WORLD!!

Whew! Kinda makes me breath a sigh of relief. You too?

Rest in Him, folks! That's what I'm gonna do! He's way better than a cruise!!

No comments: