Thursday, April 30, 2009

Revelation Song....

Some people wonder what being a Christian is all about. They have the very wrong idea that it's about living by rules or going to church on Sunday's or trying to be a "good" person all the time. Those who don't like Christians criticize us for standing up for moral values and basically fighting against what we believe goes against God's teachings in the Bible.

All those things do encompass the life of a Christian and I will do them until I can't do them anymore.

But that's not all there is to being a Christian! It's so much more!

There is a song called "Revelation Song" that perfectly represents what being a Christian is all about. It's taken from one of my favorite verses in the Book of Revelation, chapter 4, verse 8. John is describing the 'living creatures' he saw in heaven who were gathered around the throne of God.

"Day and night they never stop saying:
'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come
."

Those words bring me to tears when I read them, because that is the very longing of my heart these days. To be at the foot of the throne, with my hands raised, worshipping my God, my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ, day and night. That, to me, is what being a Christian is all about.

Listen to this song and read along with the lyrics. It is powerful. It is moving.

It is what being a Christ-follower is about!!

No comments: